We're hosting five chefs from all over Texas that are competing in the national James Beard Foundation's Blended Burger Project at Alamo Beer Company on Sunday, July 23rd from 12-4pm for a Texas Sized Blended Burger Bash!
These Texas chefs need your vote to win an opportunity to cook their burger in the historic James Beard House in New York City. Don't miss this amazing culinary experience that brings Texas chefs together in the spirit of camaraderie! Enjoy delicious burgers plus beers, local vendors & live music by fishermen.
Four burger sliders from 4 out of the 5 chefs (you pick!)
Two beers (21+ Only)
$30 Online , $35 Day Of Event (a portion of the proceeds will benefit the non-profit San Antonio Sound Garden )
1. Corpus Christi Chef, Kris Busk, from Shoreline Sandwich Company Uptown will sample the “Williams Street Burger” made with roasted cremini mushrooms mixed with grass fed beef patty and topped with mushroom duxelles, pickled shallots, brie cheese, and parmesan potato chops. Dressings include truffle aioli on brioche. Click here to vote.
2. Odessa Chef, Alejandro Barrientos, from CURB SIDE Bistro 2014 is unique with the “That’s Not My Bun Burger”. The spicy churro bun definitely steals the show on this burger made with mesquite smoked brisket, raw button/ portabella mushrooms mixed to form the patty. Toppings include jalapeno Muenster cheese, caramelized mushrooms, bacon jam, mustard, and pickles. Click here to vote.
3. Lubbock Chef, Douglas Noxon, from Pecan Grill at the Overton Hotel will compose his distinctive Open-Faced Tenderloin that is blended with local oyster mushrooms and served on a smoked bacon gouda mac &cheese fried bun. The toppings include roasted Campari tomato, poblano pepper relish and chipotle ranch. Click here to vote.
4. Austin Chef, Amir Hajimaleki, from District Kitchen+Cocktails will prepare his Japan inspired Haijmaleki’s umami Burger. The blend of this burger is oyster mushrooms and high-quality Texas Wagyu beef. To top it off is a Hawaiian bistro bun, accompanied by the chef’s special Japanese Island Sauce with picked bok choy, sliced cucumber and Delice de Bourgogne cheese. Click here to vote.
5. San Antonio Chef, Edward Garcia III, of The Box Street Social food truck, competes with the guest favorite “Bacon Jam Sliders” made with house-ground brisket, angus chuck and baby bella mushrooms, a smoky bacon jam, melted cheddar, spring greens and roasted garlic mayo on a toasted sesame seed bun. “Afterwards, people tell us they’re one of the best sliders they’ve ever had, and the fact that they didn’t even realize they’re made with 25 percent mushrooms is pretty amazing,” said Chef Garcia, who is considering making the blended burger a permanent staple. Click here to vote.